background

Monday, April 4, 2011

My 1st DT Reveal for The Scrapping Turtle

The Design Team at The Scrapping Turtle has been excitedly working away on their kits received just two weeks ago and today the first reveal was made. Our kits contained papers from Nikki Sivils and mine was the "We Are Family" line...such fun colours. As this line was new to me, I found myself thinking of a photo taken...well let's just say more than a few...years ago, and before I knew it "Seems Like Just Yesterday" came together.

Also included in the kit and used on the l/o were embellishments from Maya Road and Smooch Spritz.

The Smooch Spritz was a lot of fun to use...it has a very dense colour and I absolutely loved the shine. I used the Smooch on the base paper and then stamped over it with a flower stamp. I also used it on a piece of white card stock that had been embossed with a swiss dot pattern, using a piece of chipboard that had a flower popped out of it. Finally...because I was having so much fun with it...I spritzed the centres of some Prima bloooms from my stash. I handstitched around the scalloped edge of the blue and brown paper with blue embroidery thread and added the Maya Road leaf pins to the top right corner. I finished it off with some chipboard lettering from Bo Bunny.

The Smooch spritz was such a great compliment to the Nikki Sivils papers. The colours all worked so well together. I can hardly wait until the next reveal to show you what I did next. Check out the other awesome layouts of the other DT members!




No comments:

Post a Comment