background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Scrapping projects

Well May has been a very busy month and I haven't had much time to add to my blog, so I'm playing catch-up now.

First, my Scrapping Turtle DT l/o for week 3 (technique-embossing) and week 4 (style-clustering). Both of these l/o feature papers by Best Creations "Let's Party", Bazill 1/2 borders, BoBunny chipboard and miscellaneous buttons and other embellishments.


This next l/o was for Scrapping Turtle's 5 rule challenge. Participants each suggest a rule and once 5 rules have been submitted you must design your l/o within the rules. The 5 Rules were:
1. Must contain the phrase "There is no greater gift than...." and you finish it with whatever word(s) you feel fit for you and your l/o.
2. Use 3 buttons on your l/o
3. Include a homemade paper flower
4. Must include journaling.
5. include one "blind" item - so an item that you just reach for in your supplies...it's ok if you know it's a piece of patterned paper etc (based on how you organize may be hard to be totally "blind") - but for one of the items just close your eyes and take the plunge and see where it takes you! (My blind item was the red flower stickers from Basic Grey. It dictated the dramatic black and red BoBunny paper which had a touch of green writing on it which I picked up with the flower and journaling background.)


My last l/o was a special request from my DD. She loves this pic of her godson and suggested the title and the use of playing cards on the l/o. I thought the black trim looked like a garter and fit the tux l/o.



I also used some flowers that I made to decorate a wrapped birthday present that I did for a colleague at work. I decorated the present using hand painted paper from India, gold tulle and tissue paper...and a few gold and pink butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment