background

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Start of my Art Journal...and

More Mixed Media Fun !!! Well this has been quite the weekend. I have really been itching to play with my new Dylusions Ink Sprays and finally had the chance to do so this weekend. So I locked the 3 cats out of the room (otherwise there would be paw prints in multi-coloured hues all over my house), threw down a drop cloth and my craft mat onto the table...and with the dog sleeping at my feet I got to work. The first one I did was pretty tentative, but I kind of like the sunflower look that turned out.
The second one, I used the same flower stamp, but this time stamped it onto patterned papers and cut them out. I then glued these onto the inked page. The Dylusions Ink Sprays are so vibrant! This is such a departure from what I usually do...I tend to stick to clean lines...but I had a lot of fun stepping outside of my comfort zone.
Still wanting to try more, I ended up with "Butterflies in a Fairy Garden"...no fairies to be seen...but I did decoupage some butterflies from a serviette onto the page. I did a little more "sketchy" doodling on this one...not a lot, and I still want to work on this technique so that I am more comfortable with it.
In between playing with the ink sprays, I went back to my poppy canvas and added some green acrylic paint and then some white dots over that. I am more satisfied with how this looks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment