background

Friday, April 19, 2013

Swirls, Circles and Flourishes

Yes, I was definitely in the zone last night....and loving every minute of it.  If you haven't already tried Gelli Printing I urge you to try it.  It is so much fun and you'll be amazed by how relaxing it is...how it gets your creative juices flowing...how wonderful things just happen in front of your eyes!

This is one pull...greens and yellows.  I used my favourite big bubble wrap and then pressed chipboard circles in several sizes over the page.  When I pulled the paper up it pulled colours and bits from the Gelli Plate from previous prints and this is the result.  See the bottom left corner...the shell embossing folder is showing through...an unexpected bonus!   



This one was definitely a happy accident.  I had done a pull with the blues and bubble wrap...then got distracted in conversation and it dried before I had pulled too much paint off.  So....I layered some pink paint on and pressed my chipboard flourishes onto the paint to pull it up.  This is the resulting print.  I can feel a fun journal page coming my way with this page.


The bottom layer of this page was done using a flourish stamp and circles.  I then did another layer which was a second pull using the shell embossing folder for the design. 


Another one of those single pulls that yield all the bits below...I just love these ones!


The initial layer of this one was done using "holey" drywall tape.  It pulled up bits from previous pulls and was quite cool.  I masked off some circles and then did a layer using a foam placemat.  The final layer was the "dregs" from one of the bird prints I had done (see previous post).  You can just see the outline of a bird in the upper portion of the black section. It will be fun to tease this image out on a journal page.


Well that's it for now...these were not all of the prints I did last night...but definitely some of my favourites.

2 comments:

  1. I love these. What did you use for the circles in the bright pink one?? Thank you for your time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy...thanks for the lovely comment. The large circles and smaller open ones are lightweight wood pieces and the smaller circles are made with bubblewrap (the big bubble kind).

      Delete