background

Monday, July 22, 2013

Scrapbooking Layouts

I spent Saturday night with a great group of ladies at The Scrapping Bug for a crop night.  I managed to complete 3 layouts with a couple of others in progress.

Last week I picked up a couple of packages of this ribbon from Michaels.  It came wrapped around this cardboard birdcage.  I removed all of the ribbon and embossed the cardboard with black and then copper embossing powder (shown in progress of black embossing below).  It turned out looking quite "rusty" looking which was very cool.




I layered this birdcage under the photo, added a wooden birdcage and a die-cut birdcage, also both embossed with black and copper.  I stamped the background with a script stamp and a bird stamp and used some modeling pasted through a stencil to add more texture.

 
 
This one is my favourite!  I used a credit care to smear some teal and white acrylic paint onto the page.  When that was dry I used the Microbial stencil from Crafter's Workshop and modeling pasted to add texture to three areas on the page.  I then layered papers under the photo and stamped the edges with a circle chain stamp.



I started this one my dipping a piece of woven mat into gesso and then onto dark brown cardstock. I then layered "vintagy" type papers onto the page, added some bling and flowers and then the "Dream" title framed with a wooden piece. 




No comments:

Post a Comment