background

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Old Gelli Scraps + New Stencil + Homemade Ink Spray Pad = Journal Page

Last week I saw Dyan Reavely's demo on YouTube of her new Dylusions Ink Spray Pad...and was immediately fascinated.  A few days later I saw Carolyn Dube's video using the ink spray pad.  By this time I'm almost beside myself wanting to try it, but haven't had a chance to check out any of the local stores to see if they have it in yet.  So this weekend I made my own!  I used some fairly dense foam and a plastic food storage container.  I sprayed my Dylusions onto the foam and then used a couple of stamps to try it out. ...with mixed results.  I think my foam was actually too thick so I will try it again with a thinner piece....unless of course I find the real thing first!

I stamped onto a journal page that I had left unfinished.  I had used the new Ronda Palazzari Moroccan Tiles stencil and modeling paste to create texture on the background.  I then added random strips from Gelli prints that had been trimmed from another project.  Finally, I added some random dots with black ink.  I'm not sure if I'll go back and add more to this page yet, but for now I'm liking it.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love the colors and textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the texture. Turquoise and yellow looks good together ! Nice page
    nagaonkarshilp.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the colors and textures. Thanks for always visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project! It is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete