background

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gelli Printed Elephant Walk Canvas

I spent Saturday with some friends at Younique Country Retreat near Fergus.  We had a full day of fun which ended with us wearing moustaches LOL...don't ask!  I decided that I'd rather paint than scrapbook for this crop session.  I had an idea in my head for a canvas featuring a family of elephants.

I started by using my Gelli plate to make some papers and then cut out an elephant shape in three different sizes. 

Then I painted the background of my canvas using stencils and acrylic paints.  I adhered the elephants to the canvas using gel medium.  I then added some details on and around the elephants, including shading with Faber Castel Pitt Markers.






I love my Elephant Walk canvas!  Hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous - love the texture and look of those printed elephants!

    ReplyDelete